Banner

Banner
Kairi and Sora... holding hands...

Sunday, March 19, 2017

Official Thoughts on Moana

Just got home from seeing Moana at the library (and walking home for my mile-"run") so here are my Official Thoughts on the movie. Spoilers (duh).
So right off the bat we've got a

        • brown-eyed
        • browwwn??-haired
        • non-white
        • female
              • protagonist!
So she's occasionally sarcastic/obvious which is My Kind of Humor (that and "Actually I'll do anything if you say my name three times")

She changes outfits multiple times through the movie.
She somehow made her way across the ocean not knowing how to sail? But she learns something in the movie which is WAYFINDING so cool!

Things I learned from this movie: Put your hair up when going to fight a lava/fire monster & Water glows. Oh yeah! And when you die, you will INSTANTLY be reincarnated as a magical luminescent beast. Yup. I totally believe that and assume that everyone who has died to this day has become deep-sea creatures or glowworms.

Maui: Ughhh howww does he even move??? He is soooo thick-boned that there should not be enough room for his arms to move around at full rotation.

Anyway, I think Moana is my new favorite Disney Princess™™™™ XD OMG I forgothow emogis work on this site XDXD And I ended up with four trademark signs!

So how is that thing gonna work with the shell? My guess was she's gonna

    • Be the last chief/live forever
    • have a council and they all put shells around hers
    • have her shell crushed by the next chief?
  • Penguin's idea: everyone else is gonna have to use shells and balance them precariously around/on top of hers.

Every Disney Movie:
  • Starts with a story
  • Scene of death of loved one, cutting off right before actual death
  • conversation with dead loved one (not necessarily the same one)(but sometimes)
  • Sad scene with MC getting fed up and exclaiming abt how "If you want to, you can just leave me, it's fine!" ... "but first plz help me w this thing?" and being overall pretty self-deprecating
  • forgive the villain/overcome your fear?
  • WHEE HAPPPPY THREE WAY HUG W YOUR FAMILYYYYYYYYYY 
  • Earning your place/taking the honor/whatever
Movies that play into this in some ways or others:

  • The Lion King
  • The Good Dinosaur
  • Inside Out
  • Zootopia
  • Moana

I just used Red Cote Disclosing Tablets and OH MY. MY MOUTH. MAH MOUTH IS PURPLE! WOOO-EE
want a picccccturrre????? 


This stuff is gross. And also. The only place it is is on my top front teeth? So I guess otherwise I'm brushing perfectly well? Also? I couldn't get it off by brushing specifically there? what?

So back to moana
3 cheers for an actually relatively funny comic relief character (even if there is a comic relief character)!!


Why does Maui become a "giant hawk" -- a hawk that is almost his same size -- but everything else is sized normally for the creature in question? Why is he able to become a shark-head or shark-tail but not any other weird mutant thing? Are shark-headed ppl a thing in this world? Cuz.. I'm okay with that.

What kind of fishhook is that????? 

No comments:

Post a Comment