Banner

Banner
Kairi and Sora... holding hands...

Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Um. School assignment bleh. But it's kinda interesting! Kinda.

Hm. Well. I must write about the xoloitzcuintli sooooo...


Cute!! Ok... Here goes...:








The xoloitzcuintli was originated in Central America around the time of the Aztec reign. Um. I think  that's correct.... Right? Ok. Sooo. Its unusual coat is created by a genetic mutation, causing some puppies in a litter to be bald, and others to have fur. Uhhh. Oh yeah! Against popular belief (wait... I only heard it once.. uh... ok whatever) these dogs weren't bred to be eaten, though sometimes people would cook them on special occasions. :-( They actually are most often used like hot water bottles. Imagine your grandmother, who has been working as a seamstress for 35 years (IMAGINE IMAAAGINE!!!!!!!! I am not talking about either of my own grandmothers. This is a hypothetical world I presume [ahhh haa hahaha!! See what I did there? See? Ha! Thrackerzod homage!]) (Also, I don't know anyone with grandmas like that so..) and has severe arthritis. Warmth helps. Buut... you can't just waste electricity on the heat, soooo... you adopt a xoloitzcuintli! Without fur, they are warmer. Think of a husky, or a golden retriever. With their thick, heavy coat-to the touch, their body heat is muffled. This is a good thing! The fur keeps the body heat in, which is extremely important, especially for huskies, malamutes, and other dogs originated in cold habitats. For the xoloitzcuintli though-who was bred in a warmer climate-actually benefits from its exposed skin. I think. Ok, I can't find anything, but I believe it is. One sec... Okay soooooo my thing is breaking so I can't go back and change stuff. sorta. oookay. Now. Back....                    They have delicate teeth and skin; they need special harnesses that don't pinch their skin, and extra soft blankets that won't irritate it. Their teeth are more suited for vegetables than tough meat and bones. At one point, the breed neared extinction, Unfortunately, part of this was because of sacrificing. When a xolo's owner died, the dog would be killed and buried uh or whatever they did with their dead... anywho- they were believed to help their masters in the afterlife. uuh. Ah. Oh dear I lost it again. ummmmmmmmmmmmmm oh yeah! Luckily, the breed survived to the 1900s and was saved!! Hey; I found a cool (almost wrote 'cold') fact! The Mexican Kennel Club has used the dog on its logo since 1940! At least, according to this website. Um.




I am done. DONE. That's probably not all, but I am so tired of writing.






See ya!!


No comments:

Post a Comment