Banner

Banner
Kairi and Sora... holding hands...

Tuesday, February 14, 2017

I Like Fresh Air, Offense, and Other Dumb Subjects... Oh! No, Those are Different Topics, not Things I Like. I Don't Like Offense. Just to be Clear.

Which is why I don't think I could fly in a plane.

Today, Penguin had a really short fuse. I asked what she was turning on.
"Phineas and Ferb"
"Why are you watching that?" (Okay, I admit, I may have made it sound slightly mean, but not enough to justify the intensity of her reaction:)
"Why do you care?! You always have to shove it in my face that "I'm obsessed" but it's offensive!"
"Why don't you answer my questions?"
"Because I like it!!"

"Um."
"Why shouldn't I?"
"Well, if you like being polite you might like answering questions..."

I may have combined two or three of today's conversations. Anyway, we also had a conversation about offense.
"Why do you always say that? ["You're obsessed"]  It doesn't change anything."
"Well  otherwise it'll just be circulating in my head whenever I think of it."
"If I didn't say the random things about cartoons, they would just circulate in my brain all the time. And what I say isn't offensive."
"Hohoo, really? You're saying that what you think is not offensive, but what I think is?"
"No, but I say-- when--"
"You have a better filter than me?"
"No, I-- Ugh, I don't say things to offend people."
"And neither do I, so case closed."

To be honest, I enjoy situations such as this, where I get to practice my argumentative skills, finding holes in arguments and faulty logic, negating points, neutralizing my opponent. Could you please give me more opportunities to do this, Penguin? Preferably without the breakdowns and anger, please.

Have you not had enough quotes for today? Sheesh.

From January 18, 2016^^

1 comment:

  1. Just my thoughts your post triggered:
    I understand your explanation of improving your argumentative skills- maybe you would be interested in debating. That's a safer forum, because both parties are primed for the debate and not as emotionally invested as one may be in a family "debate" (argument). Those darn emotions can get in the way and lead to hurt feelings.

    ReplyDelete