Banner

Banner
Kairi and Sora... holding hands...

Saturday, June 10, 2017

Well I just watched The Dragon Hunters and I have Thoughts about it so here we go.
Spoilers for The Dragon Hunters.



WHAAAAAAAAT WAS UP WITH THAT FORGOTTEN PLOT POINT???? It was so well introduced and had so much potential but then it was GONE. GONE LIKE A FREIGHT TRAIN GONE LIKE YESTERDAY GONE LIKE A SOLDIER IN THE CIVIL WAR BANG BANG GONE LIKE A FIFTY-NINE CADILLAC LIKE ALL THEM GOOD THINGS THAT AIN'T NEVER COMIN BACK.

The talking hands thing. It was introduced when we met the old knight who had apparently gone mad all alone out searching for the monster or whatever he was supposed to be doing. Then later, Gwizdo (stupid spelling but I'm pretty sure that's what it said in the credits. I woulda gone with Guisdo tho)(although that gets red underline and Gwizdo doesn't so) gets stuck on a floating plot of land with two of the bats. The bats start egging him (no not like egging a house) and trying to get to him. Eventually he covers his head with his arms and they stop. Gwizdo removes his hands from his head and looks at them, horrified. Then he starts running away.
So there was where I thought the bats had possessed his (and also the old knight) hands.
Yada yada he returns to Lian Chu (or like... Honn chu or something i couldn't read the credits it looked like Han or something but I KNOW they were saying Lian/Leon) and Zoe and then there's a battle scene and he's acting crazy and eventually he and Zoe wind up on opposite sides of a rock block and he sticks his hands up over it and uses them like puppets to try and get to Zoe. Then it cuts away (uhh there's an explosion or something? I wasn't paying attention) and then there's Gwizdo in teh aftermath. He looks around and then at his hands and then he starts fREAKING OUt and calling desperately for Zoe and I'm thinking he's realizing what he's done and he's going to have to Deal With This now and I Can't Wait but ... No. I was not so fortunate.
Instead we find Zoe on her deathbed, yada yada, but it's a trick, yada yada, the hands never get brought up again and cOME ON. YOU COULDN'T. YOU. UGHHGHGH.
why.

Sigh. I'll come back and review later when I'm not so tired.

What I'm gonna talk about:
the gravity problems
the floating bunnies

Arnold's sight (why does it come back this is Not Addressed)
the ending
the final boss battle
the bats
when Zoe is in a barrel
etc?
characters

WELL I WROTE A WHOLE THING AND IT DIDN'T SAVE IM DONE - 6/14/17 10:51 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment