Banner

Banner
Kairi and Sora... holding hands...

Thursday, July 6, 2017

Robbie

Today yesterday we went to a park and found a bird caught in a thing!!
Robbie is a robin we found caught under this cage that's around a water thingamajig. that bit of orange is her chest.
not sure where she is in this one. but anyway, there was a ditch at one side that was obviously how she got in, but she couldn't figure out to duck her head to go under to get out.
here's a video; she might be more visible? she kept flapping around and I was worried she'd hurt her wing on one of the holes. she also tried to get through one of the holes a few times. 
 So Penguin went to the car to get her bag of chips that she brought (plentils, which are easy to break and crumble. I had a bag of cheesy nut thins which are harder to break.). I crumbled a chip and put some crumbs inside the cage and made a trail to the outside, so hopefully she would notice them and peck at them, and then go to the ones outside.
I don't know the whole story, cuz Penguin and I went off to do stuff while Mom watched Robbie so we wouldn't overwhelm her, but she found her way out!! Mom said she went right into a tree.
I pulled most of the chip crumbs out of the cage with a stick so no one would try to get them and get stuck like robbie, and then I put a bunch of sticks and leaves and a piece of bark that I found on the ground in the hole so no one would get in. 

I put some sticks and rocks in the small gap on the other side too, just in case.
here's a corner which was pretty high.


No comments:

Post a Comment