Banner

Banner
Kairi and Sora... holding hands...

Saturday, January 2, 2016

Escaping Peril: SPOILERS BELOW!

Hello! Happy New Year's Eve, everybody! And also happy I FINISHED ESCAPING PERIL AND IT WAS SO GOOD HORRIBLE BUT BUT SO GOOD AND I LOVE PERIL SO MUCH AND THE PROLOGUE WAS ADORABLE AND WHAT HOW DID THAT HAPPEN HOW DID THAT WORK WHAT WHAT WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN????????????? Day. :-) Okay, spoilers ahead; read at your own risk.

So... I had to put the book down and hide it for like 18 hours after TURTLE LIKES KINKAJOU WHAT WHAT WHAT WHATWHATWHAT NOOOO NONONONO. No. She's THREE YEARS OLD!!! How old is Turtle? I think he's like 5? But 3 year old dragonets are like 1st graders! You know, always being like "O, I haves a crush on ___(insert any boy in the class)__! And ur like "No, u don't but whatevs we gonna let you think that bcuz if we told you you would scuh-ream" and they like "we're in love!!!!!!!!!!!!!" And you're like "ugh, but I mean what can u do? They're havin' fun." So you just let it slide. But but Turtle is like 12 or sumthin idk but HE SHOULD NOT HAVE A "CRUSH" ON KINKAJOU NO NO NO NO  What? No, I'm not being possessive. Or controlling, what are u talkin' bout? I mean srsly? Don't u agree? No? WHAT? Well. I don't care bout u then.
Next thing: I WAS SO TOTALLY RIGHT ABOUT TURTLE BEING AN ANIMUS OMG TOTALLY RIGHT!!!!! SO AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!
Do you remember when I totally predicted that? Without being inspired by someone else's theory? AND IT WAS RIGHT?!!!??!?!?!

Next thing: Fourth moons and fireballs is Darkstalker huge!!!! Like, HUGE. Like, this text is not large enough to emphasize how gigantonormous he is.

Next: Can we just enjoy this quote? "Sheesh, jus' makin' some helpful suggestibles, no need to get all crankmonstery."
Plus: CLIFF IS SO ADORABLEST!!!!!! AND I LOVE HOW TOURMALINE WAS RUBY WAS TOURMALINE AND THE PROLOGUE WAS FREAKING FAKE!! Like, seriously, I guessed a lot of things in this book but I did not figure that out until right before it happened.

ALSO: Yay! Scarlet is finally dead! And OMG I loved the part when Soar came and introduced himself, "Good grief, has everyone been going around thinking my name is Sore all these years?" "Probably." AND HE WAS SUCH A NICE DAD AND PERIL WAS SUCH A GOOD TEENAGE DAUGHTER AND I KINDA KNEW HE HAD DONE SOMETHING AND HE MADE HER MORE LOYAL TO SCARLET AND FORGET ABOUT CLAY???!!!!!!!!?!?!?! So awesome.

And.. I sort of wish Peril had asked Moon or Turtle to write her a new necklace to make her non-firescaled, and to make the necklace fireproof so she could take it on and off whenever, so she could be safer in JMA. And also, I think they should have -- after consulting with all the dragons involved -- enchanted Stonemover to remove all Animus powers and their effects on his scales, so he could move around and eat and talk and stuff, but he wouldn't be able to use his power anyway, so. And Turtle should really enchant himself to not lose his soul/sanity when he uses his magic. OH MY GOSH I CAN'T BELIEVE I WAS RIGHT!!!  Um where was I? Ok. DISEMBOWEL??? DID YOU SERIOUSLY SAY DISEMBOWEL?? I like that part. It's so.. idk, natural?
Oh, yeah, did I mention that I love Peril's mind in the beginning, when she's all shut up SeaWing, you're really annoying me. I don't want to kill you but YOU ARE SERIOUSLY ASKING FOR IT.   ;-P Amazing. I almost put this up as my favorite book but then THAT PART WITH TURTLE JUST NO.

OH gosh. I need a resolution... I think I'll try to finish Life of Fred (the one year I'm on, not the series, don't be crazy now,), blog at least 4 times a month (I like having a record of what I've been thinking about, and my theories and hopes as time goes on, and it helps me remember to do it if I delude myself into thinking you guys are interested in hearing it all ;-P), and finish writing my book. I'm almost at the second point of rising action! (That was a sarcastic exclamation point.)

And now, the biggest question: Why did burning the scroll free Darkstalker? Just before I wrote that sentence, I got an idea. Maybe the scroll was used to enchant the bracelet, or to make an accompanying spell with something like: "Enchant this bracelet to send the wearer into a deep coma, for as long as it is worn, and send Darkstalker deep underground for as long as this scroll exists as a tangible object." Mm? Mmmmmm?

And on that note; Goodnight!

Oh, yeah. I hope Turtle is the POV for book 9, but it might be Anemone bcuz WHAT was that epilogue? Also if it's Turtle, it might have him liking Kinkajou, which NOOO. (Nope, still not being controlling.)

OH AND ALSO ... ... . . .  . . .  . . .  . . .  I forgot... I remembered it twice in this post, but I forgot again... ... . . .  . . .  . . .  What WAS it? Umm this isn't it, but Peril hasn't figured out that skyfire protects the wearer from mindreading, "she wondered what Moon heard in their heads" ... OH YEAH I loved the part when Peril was arguing with Winter and accidentally almost killed him and then everyone came back and Turtle totally saved him with his healing rock and wait a minute where's Foeslayer? "I may have told her to go get help..." And no one goes to look for her.
And then when Peril got hurt from the dragonflame cactus and she was so adorable bcuz she'd never been hurt before and she was all mad at it and awwwww!

Okay, goodbye for real now.

"Dude, why do you die??" - me, when Penguin coughed and then wheezed overdramatically.

I've just gotten up to look for a snack/refill my water but I don't have my bottle because I forgot it.
"So, we went to see Star Wars in 3D [whoa, that looks like some kind of weird smiley]--"
"What? What? WHAT?" *puts hands on head and starts running kinda slowly* *also screaming* *quietly since it's like 1:00 in the morning*

No comments:

Post a Comment