Banner

Banner
Kairi and Sora... holding hands...

Sunday, March 4, 2018

Despicable Me 3. Finally Watched it.




it wasn't bad. I feel like Margo didn't do anything except to further Lucy's (poorly executed) story arc. I think she was supposed to have this I-don't-feel-like-a-mother issue but?? they kinda shoehorned it in some places which made it feel out of place. And anytime it became a problem, it was resolved instantly..
They barely recycled iconic jokes from the first movie, except for Agnes talking about unincorns.
The new characters introduced were pretty well rounded, if with some gaps in their story, what'chagonna do ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
The trees were freaking GORGEOUS.
Overall a pretty good movie. I wouldn't say it's better than the first movie, but I do think it's better than the second movie, considering the parts of the second movie I remember.

One thing we were talking about was what family member the next movie would introduce. Because the first movie gave Gru kids, the second gave him a wife, and the third gave him a brother. Here's the guesses:

  • Sibling-in-law. Dru gets married.
  • Sibling/s-in-law. We explore Lucy's family
  • Parents-in-law. We explore Lucy's family
  • Nibling/s. Dru gets kids
  • Nibling/s. Lucy's siblings have kids
  • Estranged aunt/uncle. just what it says on the tin.
  • Estranged cousins. " "
  • More kids?
Anyway, it was a pretty good movie, bbut I'm not good at overviews. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ g'bye

"Is the dog coming with us or is it just the family? I mean, just the humans." - Mom, 3/4/18 7:58 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment